+44 1803 865913
Population Genetics and Microevolutionary Theory, Second Edition provides a...
By: Alan R Templeton(Author)
705 pages, b/w illustrations
The advances made possible by the development of molecular techniques have in recent years revolutionized quantitative genetics and its relevance for population genetics. Population Genetics and Microevolutionary Theory takes a modern approach to population genetics, incorporating modern molecular biology, species-level evolutionary biology, and a thorough acknowledgment of quantitative genetics as the theoretical basis for population genetics.
"[...] enjoyable to read [...] will certainly find its place on the shelves of those interested [...] [in] alternative viewpoints [...] "
- American Journal of Human Biology, May/June 2007
1. Scope and Basic Premises of Population Genetics
PART I: POPULATION STRUCTURE AND HISTORY
2. Modeling Evolution and the Hardy-Weinberg Law
3. Systems of Mating
4. Genetic Drift
5. Genetic Drift in Large Populations and Coalescence
6. Gene Flow and Population Subdivision
7. Gene Flow and Population History
PART II: GENOTYPE AND PHENOTYPE
8. Basic Quantitative Genetic Definitions and Theory
9. Quantitative Genetics: Unmeasured Genotypes
10. Quantitative Genetics: Measured Genotypes
PART III: NATURAL SELECTION AND ADAPTATION
11. Natural Selection
12. Interactions of Natural Selection with Other Evolutionary Forces
13. Units and Targets of Selection
14. Selection in Heterogeneous Environments
15. Serlection in Age-Structured Populations
Appendix 1: Genetic Survey Techniques
Appendix 2: Probability and Statistics
Problems and Answers
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Alan R. Templeton, PhD, is Charles Rebstock Professor of Biology at Washington University in St. Louis, with joint appointments in Genetics and Biomedical Engineering.
Your orders support book donation projects
We have always been very happy with NHBS service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985