+44 1803 865913
This book reviews the geochemical and petrological characteristics of potassic igneous rock complexes, and investigates the different tectonic settings in which these rocks occur. The authors provide an overview and classification of these rocks and elucidate the geochemical differences between barren and mineralized potassic igneous complexes. High-K rocks host a number of epithermal gold and porphyry copper-gold deposits. In recent years, there has also been growing recognition of an association of such rocks with iron-oxide copper-gold (IOCG) deposits, intrusion-related gold deposits (IRGDs) and possibly even Carlin-type gold deposits. Potassic Igneous Rocks and Associated Gold-Copper Mineralization is not only relevant to academic petrologists working on alkaline rocks, but also to exploration geologists prospecting for epithermal gold and/or porphyry copper-gold deposits in modern and ancient terrains. This fourth, updated and expanded edition incorporates new data and references from Africa, Australia, Brazil, China, Greece, Iran, Mongolia, North America, Russia and Turkey, including new maps and sections and new color plates of high-grade gold-copper ore from major deposits hosted by potassic igneous rocks.
Originally published as Volume 56 in the series Lecture Notes Earth Science
- Definitions and Nomenclature
- Tectonic Settings of Potassic Igneous Rocks
- Selected Type-Localities of Potassic Igneous Rocks from the Five Tectonic Settings
- Primary Enrichment of Precious Metals in Potassic Igneous Rocks
- Direct Associations Between Potassic Igneous Rocks and Gold-Copper Deposits
- Direct Associations Between Potassic Igneous Rocks and Copper-Gold Deposits on Craton Margins
- Indirect Associations Between Lamprophyres and Gold-Copper Deposits
- Halogen Contents of Mineralized Versus Unmineralized Potassic Igneous Rocks
- Implications for Mineral Exploration in Arc Environments
- Characteristics of Some Gold-Copper Deposits Associated with Potassic Igneous Rocks
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
The shipment arrived, beautifully packaged, in perfect condition. Thanks for your exceptional service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985