By: Elizabeth Strasser, John Fleagle, Alfred Rosenberger and Henry McHenry
496 pages, b/w illustrations
Softcover reprint of the original 1st edition from 1998.
Proceedings of a Symposium held in Davis, California, March 27-28, 1995.
Naturalistic Behavior: Introduction; A.L. Rosenberger
- Methodological Issues in Studying Positional Behavior: Meeting Ripley's Challenge; M. Dagosto, D. Gebo
- Qualitative Differences in the Positional Behavior of Pithecia Pithecia and Chiropotes Satanas; S.E. Walker
- Patterns of Suspensory Feeding in Alouatta Palliata, Ateles Geoffroyi, and Cebus Capucinus; D. Bergeson
Morphology and Behavior: Introduction; J.G. Fleagle
- Reconstruction of Hip Joint Function in Extant and Fossil Primates; L. MacLatchy
- Grasping Performance in Saguinus Midas and the Evolution of Hand Prehensility in Primates; P. Lemelin, B.W. Grafton
Data Acquisition and Analytic Techniques: Introduction; E. Strasser
- Advances in 3-Dimensional Data Acquisition and Analysis; J. Kappelman
- Laser Scanning and Paleoanthropology: An Example From Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania; L.C. Aiello, et al.
Fossils and Reconstructing the Origins and Evolution of Taxa. Introduction; H.M. McHenry
- Afropithecus, Proconsul and the Primitive Hominoid Skeleton; C. Ward
- Fossil Evidence for the Origins of Terrestriality Among Old World Higher Primates; M.L. McCrossin, et al
14 Additional Articles
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS has enriched my life with knowledge for many years now
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985