+44 1803 865913
By: Edward Francis Durner(Author)
405 pages, b/w photos, b/w illustrations, tables
This is the only horticulture textbook offering in-depth coverage of physiological processes in relation to horticultural practices. Understanding the physiology of plants is fundamental to horticulture theory and practice. This is a major textbook for junior and senior level undergraduates of horticulture. It offers in-depth coverage of applied aspects of physiology related to horticultural crops. It is an approach unique to Principles of Horticultural Physiology. It focuses throughout on how horticultural practices influence plant productivity and quality.
Beginning with the basics of plant physiology, the text progresses via plant growth and development, and environmental factors, to practical management techniques, finishing with harvesting, packaging and transportation. It is presented in highly accessible, easy-to-follow style. It is suitable for undergraduate students of horticulture and related disciplines. It is also useful for advanced growers interested in the physiology underlying many horticultural practices.
1. Horticulture – Whole Plant Integration of Many Disciplines
2. The Plant Hormones
3. Growth, Development, and Plant Movement
4. Physiology of Growth in Specific Organs: Roots, Stems, and Leaves
5. Physiology of Growth in Specific Organs: Flowers, Fruit, and Seeds
6. Some Abiotic Plant Stressors – Oxygen, Minerals, and Salt
7. Water and Plants
8. Light Energy and Plant Function
9. Temperature Effects on Growth and Development of Plants
10. The Soil and its Environment
11. The Greenhouse Environment
12. Seeding and Seedling Establishment
13. Pruning, Training, Growth, and Plant Size
14. Grafting and Rootstocks
15. From Harvest to Market
16. Postharvest Physiology
17. Human Nutrition, Phytonutrients, Nutraceuticals, and Horticulture
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
The packaging of both books was superb and they are in pristine condition. Thank you again for the service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985