+44 1803 865913
Problem Solving with FORTRAN 90 provides students with an introduction to Fortran 90, one of the most powerful and flexible programming languages for scientific computation available today. The author shows how using computers and Fortran 90 it is possible to tackle and solve a wide range of problems as they might be encountered in engineering or in the physical sciences. Following a brief introduction to computing in general, the author presents a thorough guide to problem-solving and algorithm design using pseudo-code to develop an understanding of the steps that need to be taken to solve a particular problem. Subsequent chapters introduce the main features of Fortran 90 motivated by particular ideas and tasks that are typically found in science and engineering courses. Each chapter includes at least two complete programming applications which become progressively more challenging as Problem Solving with FORTRAN 90 develops. As a result, readers are encouraged to develop a sound understanding both of programming in Fortran 90 and of the invaluable tool it offers for addressing complex science and engineering problems. Students coming to computing for the first time will find the wide range of problems both accessible and relevant to their other studies.
- Computing environments for problem solving. Solving problems with a high-level programming language. Getting started with Fortran
- Using functions to expand the power of Fortran. Gaining control over program output
- Program control
- Program modularization. Using arrays to organize information
- Using formatted sequential access and internal files
- Some essential programming algorithms
- Basic statistics and numerical analysis with Fortran
- A closer look.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your prompt attention has beaten almost every other material supplier hands down.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985