By: Gillian Torkler(Author), Darryl Torkler(Author)
32 pages, b/w photos
This book looks at the different zones of the New Zealand rocky shore, and the creatures that live within them.
The environments covered are:
- splash zone - pohutukawa, blue penguin, skink, shells
- upper shore - periwinkles, black nerita, rock crab, barnacles
- intertidal zone - mussels, crabs, bull kelp, reef star
- rock pools - cushion sea star, small fish, anemone, shrimp
- lower shore - sea urchin, wandering anemone, cat's eyes, sponges, crayfish
- underwater - seahorse, sea spider, nudibranchs, octopus
There is also a species index and a glossary.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Pretty cool. I have to say that I have enjoyed my interaction with your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985