+44 1803 865913
This fourth edition builds on the success of previous editions and for the first time is produced in full colour throughout with improved photos and diagrams. It retains its popular pocket size and is an essential buy for all students working in the field. The text shows how sedimentary rocks are tackled in the field and has been written for all those with a geological background. It describes how the features of sedimentary rocks can be recorded in the field particularly through the construction of graphic logs. In succeeding chapters the various sedimentary rock types, textures and structures are discussed and shown how they can be described and measured in the field. There are expanded sections on trace fossils and volcaniclastics along with updated reference list. Finally a concluding section deals briefly with facies identification and points the ways towards facies interpretations, and the identification of sequences and cycles.
- Full colour throughout with improved photos, figures and diagrams in a modern layout.
- Complete revision and update of best selling textbook which is part of the highly successful Field Guide series.
- Expanded sections on trace fossils and volcaniclastics along with updated reference list.
- Handy pocket size with laminated cover.
- Includes supplementary website with downloadable logging sheets for fieldwork activities.
...The basic field techniques required are clearly described, with tables, illustrations and photos...
- DEW Journal, Vol.14, No.1, November 2004
"...a practical guide...appropriate and well designed..."
- Geological Magazine, 2005; Vol.142 (2)
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your quick and straightforward service saved the fieldwork for my PhD project in Kerala.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985