Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Sherman traps are an environmentally friendly way to research small mammal populations and can be used for mammal collection, teaching and environmental impact studies. Sherman folding traps have the advantage of folding down to a size and shape which is easy to transport. The trap works by use of a trigger platform which causes the door to shut when the animal runs into the trap. This trap is made from galvanised aluminium which helps to prevent rusting.
This is a ‘live catch’ trap and so it should be checked regularly. Where appropriate traps should be provided with water and food.
The Small Folding Trap is suitable for trapping small mammals such as shrews and mice. The Sherman Trap is available in a range of sizes to suit your specific needs.
Please note: Trapping some animals (such as shrews) requires a licence.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please see the videos below:
1) How do the folding traps work/how do I open and close the trap?
2) How do I set and bait a trap?
3) How does harmless capture work?
* Model: SFG (Small Folding Galvanised)
* Construction: Galvanised aluminium with stainless steel springs and wires
* Dimensions: 5.1 x 6.4 x 16.5cm (approx. 1.3cm thick when folded)
* Weight: 227g