Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Sherman traps are an environmentally friendly way to research small mammal populations and can be used for mammal collection, teaching and environmental impact studies. The trap works by use of a trigger platform which causes the door to shut when the animal runs into the trap. Sherman folding traps have the advantage of folding down to a size and shape which is easy to transport. This trap is made from galvanised aluminium which helps prevent rusting.
This is a ‘live catch’ trap and so it should be checked regularly. Where appropriate traps should be provided with water and food.
The Large Folding Trap is suitable for trapping small to medium animals.
Please note: Trapping some animals (such as shrews) requires a licence.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please see the videos below:
1) How do the folding traps work/how do I open and close the trap?
2) How do I set and bait a trap?
3) How does harmless capture work?
* Model: LFG (Large Folding Galvanised)
* Construction: Galvanised aluminium with stainless steel springs and wires
* Dimensions: 7.6 x 8.9 x 22.9cm (approximately 1.3cm thick when folded)
* Weight: 363g