Zambia and Malawi are home to 240 known snake, lizard, terrapin, tortoise and crocodile species. Snakes and other Reptiles of Zambia and Malawi is the first field guide to describe every species of reptile known to occur in this region – including 14 endemics and several new discoveries.
- Comprehensive descriptions of each order, suborder, family, genus and species.
- Species descriptions cover identifying features, behaviour, prey and predators, reproduction, range, and danger to humans.
- Accounts are supported by stunning colour photographs and up-to-date distribution maps that draw on over 16,000 recorded observations.
- Dichotomous identification keys guide users to the correct genus and species.
- Introduction includes clear diagrams of morphological features and unpacks the region's biogeography and diverse habitat types, different venom types and the basic principles of snakebite treatment.
This comprehensive field guide – the first of its kind for the region – will appeal to both experienced herpetologists and nature enthusiasts in general.