These books provide an update to progress on somatic embryogenesis in woody plants including both angiosperm and gymnosperm trees. In the past, most of the information on this subject was scattered in proceedings volumes, journals, biotechnology books, etc. It has been difficult for the researchers and students to obtain comprehensive information on this rapidly growing subject from a single source.
These books enable readers to get a clear view of this subject on historical, anatomical, physiological, biochemical and molecular aspects, and applications including protoplasts, cryopreservation, manufactured seed (artificial seed), genetic transformation, bioreactors, mutations, and future uses in forest plantations. Each selected woody plant mentioned in Somatic Embryogenesis in Woody Plants is briefly introduced first, covering botany and genetics, importance and geographical distribution, breeding problems, and in vitro propagation and problems of each selected woody plant and then is followed by the description on the initiation and maintenance of embryogenic cultures, embryo development and germination, and field trials (if any) of these plants.
Books like Somatic Embryogenesis in Woody Plants are meant for graduate students and researchers in forestry and horticulture as well as biotechnologists.
Volume 3: General Preface
1. Somatic embryogenesis in Cycadales; R.E. Litz, V.M. Chavez, P.A. Moon
2. Somatic embryogenesis in Norway spruce (Picea abies); S. von Arnold, U. Egertsdotter, I. Ekberg, P. Gupta, H. Mo, J. Nörgaard
3. Somatic embryogenesis in White spruce (Picea glauca), Engelmann spruce (Picea engelmannii), and Interior spruce (P. glauca engelmannii complex); S.M. Wilson, T.A. Thorpe
4. Somatic embryogenesis in Picea glehnii and P. jezoensis; K. Ishii
5. Somatic embryogenesis in Black spruce (Picea mariana); K. Klimazwaska
6. Somatic embryogenesis in Serbian spruce (Picea omorika); R. Vujicic, S. Budimir
7. Somatic embryogenesis in Blue spruce (Picea pungens Engelmann); J.C. Affele, K. Saxena
8. Somatic embryogenesis in Red spruce (Picea rubens Sarg.); N. Isabel, F. Tremblay
9. Somatic embryogenesis in Sitka spruce [(Picea sitchensis (Bong.) Carr]; A. John, P. Drake, C. Selby
10. Somatic embryogenesis in Pinus caribaea; A. David, E. Laine, H. David
11. Somatic embryogenesis in Slash pine (Pinus elliottii Engelm.); R.J. Newton, K.A. Marek-Swize, M.E. Magallanes-Cedeno, N. Dong, S. Sen, S.M. Jain
12. Somatic embryogenesis in Sugarpine (Pinus lambertiana); P.K. Gupta
13. Somatic embryogenesis in Pinus nigra arn.; T. Salajova, J. Salaj, J. Jasik, A. Kormutak
14. Somatic embryogenesis in Maritime pine (Pinus pinaster); J. Bercetche, M. Paques
15. Somatic embryogenesis in Pinus radiata don; S.F. Chandler, R. Young
16. Somatic embryogenesis in Eastern White pine (Pinus strobus); K. Kaul
17. Somatic embryogenesis in Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris); A. Hohtola
18. Somatic embryogenesis in Loblolly pine (Pinus taeda); M.R. Becwar, G.S. Pullman
19. Somatic embryogenesis in Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii); P.K. Gupta, R. Timmis, K. Timmis, W. Carlson, E. Welty
20. Somatic embryogenesis in Larix; J.M. Bonga, K. Klimaszewska, M.-A. Lelu, P. von Aderkas
21. Somatic embryogenesis in Abies spp.; J.V. Norgaard, P. Krogstrop
22. Present state of somatic embryogenesis in Sequioa semervirens; J. M. Favre, H. Tranvan, Y. Arnaud, F. Bourgkard
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!