Stuarts’ Field Guide to the Tracks & Signs of Southern, Central and East African Wildlife provides detailed coverage of tracks, droppings, bird pellets, nests and shelters, and feeding signs, not only for mammals, but also for birds, reptiles, insects and other invertebrates.
First published in 1994, it has since been comprehensively revised and greatly expanded, making it the standard reference to the subject in the region. This fifth edition features:
- full-colour images throughout
- multiple examples of tracks, droppings, pellets and other signs
- images of animal species to supplement the tracks and signs
- detailed descriptions, track sketches and measurements to help with identification
- advice on where to look for tracks and signs and how to interpret them
Compared to the fourth edition, the this fifth edition features updates to a few names in the text and other minor updates. It retains the unique approach to identification that made the earlier editions so popular, allowing readers to navigate quickly, by means of keys, to the animal or group of species responsible for the track or sign in question.The inclusion of a quick reference guide on the inside front and back covers helps readers access information even faster.
- Droppings and bird pellets
- Feeding signs
- Nests and shelters
- Other signs
Distribution and habitat checklist