Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This volume is dedicated to the memory of the eminent carcinologist Michael Türkay, of the Research Institute and Natural History Museum Senckenberg, Frankfurt am Main, Germany. It is a tribute to his outstanding international contribution to the study of decapod crustaceans. An extensive account of Michael's life and achievements is presented, along with thirty-one scientific papers by 62 of his friends and colleagues from around the world. The book's focus is almost entirely on decapod crustaceans, and covers a variety of topics, including taxonomy, systematics, zoogeography, morphology, palaeontology, genetics, general biology and ecology. Numerous new taxa are described from a number of marine and freshwater groups, including one new genus and 13 new species named in honour of Michael himself.
The contents of Studies on Decapoda and Copepoda in Memory of Michael Turkay were originally published in 2017 in Crustaceana volume 90, issue 7-10.
- Preface 1
- Peter Davie & Carola Becker, Michael Türkay (3 April 1948–9 September 2015) 3
- Shane T. Ahyong & Keiji Baba, Uroptychus michaeli (Decapoda, Chirostylidae), a new species of deep-water squat lobster from north-western Australia and Taiwan 29
- Keiji Baba & Enrique MacPherson, Uroptychus tuerkayi sp. nov. (Anomura, Chirostylidae), a new squat lobster from the Atlantis-Great Meteor Seamount Chain in the eastern Atlantic 37
- Carola Becker & Michael Türkay, Host specificity and feeding in European pea crabs (Brachyura, Pinnotheridae) 49
- Raquel C. Buranelli & Fernando L. Mantelatto, Broadranging low genetic diversity among populations of the yellow finger marsh crab Sesarma rectum Randall, 1840 (Sesarmidae) revealed by DNA barcode 75
- R. N. Burukovsky, Feeding ecology of the shrimp Crangon allmanni Kinahan, 1860 (Decapoda, Crangonidae) in the North and White seas 95
- Martha R. Campos & Diógenes Campos, Species diversity of freshwater decapod crustaceans (crabs and shrimps) from Colombia 113
- P. Castro, Western Pacific Euryplacidae Stimpson, 1871 and Goneplacidae MacLeay, 1838 (Decapoda, Brachyura, Goneplacoidea) in the Senckenberg Naturmuseum, Frankfurt 139
- Neil Cumberlidge, Redescription of Potamonautes walderi (Colosi, 1924) from the lower Congo River basin in Central Africa (Brachyura, Potamoidea, Potamonautidae) 147
- Richard G. Hartnoll, Nicola Weber, Sam B. Weber & Hungchang Liu, Polymorphism in the chelae of mature males of the land crabs Johngarthia lagostoma and Epigrapsus spp 161
- Sebastian Klaus, Célio Magalhães, Rodolfo Salasgismondi, Martin Gross & Pierre-Olivier Antoine, Palaeogene and Neogene brachyurans of the Amazon basin: a revised first appearance date for primary freshwater crabs (Brachyura, Trichodactylidae) 183
- Tomoyuki Komai, A new squat lobster species of the genus Munida (Decapoda, Anomura, Munididae) from the deep-sea off the Ryukyu Islands, Japan 199
- L. Lianos, M. C. Mollemberg, D. J. M. Lima & W. Santana, New records of king crabs (Decapoda, Anomura, Lithodidae) from southern Brazil 211
- Lin Ma & Xinzheng Li, A new species of the genus Typhlamphiascus (Copepoda, Harpacticoida, Miraciidae) from the South China Sea 219
- E. MacPherson, L. Beuck, C. Roder & C. R. Voolstra, A new species of squat lobster of the genus Munida (Galatheoidea, Munididae) from the Red Sea 235
- Célio Magalhães, A new genus and species of freshwater crab (Decapoda, Pseudothelphusidae) from the Tapajós River, a southern tributary of the Amazon River in Brazil 245
- Sancia E. T. Van Der Meij, The coral genus Caulastraea Dana, 1846 (Scleractinia, Merulinidae) as a new host for gall crabs (Decapoda, Cryptochiridae), with the description of Lithoscaptus tuerkayi sp.nov. 257
- Jose C. E. Mendoza & E. Y. Sy, Sundathelphusa miguelito, a new species of freshwater crab from the southern Philippines (Brachyura, Gecarcinucidae) 269
- Tohru Naruse & Daisuke Uyeno, Ankerius grusocurare, a new species of Aphanodactylidae (Decapoda, Brachyura) from Iriomote Island, Ryukyu Islands, Japan 285
- Mariana Negri, Tatiana Magalhães, Natália Rossi, Darryl L. Felder & Fernando L. Mantelatto, Reproductive aspects of the shrimp Cuapetes americanus (Kingsley, 1878) (Caridea, Palaemonidae) from Bocas del Toro, Panama 291
- Peter K. L. Ng, Paul F. Clark, Santanu Mitra & Appukuttannair Biju Kumar, Arcotheres borradailei (Nobili, 1906) and Pinnotheres ridgewayi Southwell, 1911: a reassessment of characters and generic assignment of species to Arcotheres Manning, 1993 (Decapoda, Brachyura, Pinnotheridae) 309
- Machteld Odijk & Charles H. J. M. Fransen, A new sponge associated shrimp species of the Indo-West Pacific genus Paraclimenaeus (Decapoda, Caridea, Palaemonidae) 329
- Katsushi Sakai, A second report on material from Dr. Mortensen’s collection of Thalassinidea and Callianassidea (Decapoda) in the ZoologicalMuseum, Copenhagen 347
- William Santana & Marcos Tavares, A new western Atlantic species of Collodes Stimpson (Decapoda, Brachyura, Inachoididae) 375
- Adnan Shahdadi, Peter J. F. Davie & Christoph D. Schubart, Perisesarma tuerkayi, a new species of mangrove crab from Vietnam (Decapoda, Brachyura, Sesarmidae), with an assessment of its phylogenetic relationships 385
- Sabrina M. Simões, Gisele S. Heckler & Rogerio C. Costa, Reproductive period and recruitment of Penaeoidea shrimp on the southeastern Brazilian coast: implications for the closed season 407
- Moritz Sonnewald & Michael Türkay, Composition of the epibenthic decapod crustacean megafauna of the German Exclusive Economic Zone: comparison and analysis of past and recent surveys 423
- Vassily A. Spiridonov, Two new species of Thalamita Latreille, 1829 (Decapoda, Portunidae) 441
- S. A. Sudnik, Biology of the shrimp Oplophorus spinosus (Brullé, 1839) (Decapoda, Oplophoridae) in the continental slope waters of the coast of northwest Africa 465
- Masatsune Takeda & Hironori Komatsu, Two new species of the genus Actumnus Dana, 1851 (Decapoda, Brachyura, Pilumnidae) from the Ryukyu Islands, southwest Japan 481
- Yaqin Wang, Zhibin Gan & Xinzheng Li, A new species of the genus Leptochela (Decapoda, Caridea, Pasiphaeidae) from the Yellow Sea 497
- Bernd Werding & Alexandra Hiller, Description of a new species of Pachycheles (Decapoda, Anomura, Porcellanidae) from the southern Caribbean Sea 509
Célio Magalhães, Dr. (1991), Universidade de São Paulo, is a research scientist at the Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas da Amazônia, in Manaus. He has published articles and book chapters on the taxonomy and systematics of Neotropical freshwater decapods.
Carola Becker, Dr. (2011) has worked in projects at Research Institute Senckenberg (Frankfurt, Germany), Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (Germany) and Queen’s University Belfast (United Kingdom). Her main research interest is the phylogeny, morphology and reproduction of decapod crustaceans.
Peter J. F. Davie, BSc., MSc. (1987), is a Senior Curator at the Queensland Museum, Brisbane. He is a taxonomist specialising in Indo-Pacific decapods, particularly crabs, and was a major contributor and editor of the Brachyuran volumes of Treatise on Zoology.
Sven Klimpel Dr. (2003), is Professor at the Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (BiK-F) and the Goethe-University, Frankfurt am Main.
Pedro Martínez-Arbizu, Dr. (2000), Universität Oldenburg, is a professor and Director of the German Center for Marine Biodiversity Research at Senckenberg am Meer in Wilhelmshaven, Germany. He is editor in Chief of the Journal Marine Biodiversity. He has published on taxonomy and systematics of Copepoda and marine Meiofauna.
Moritz Sonnewald, Ph.D. (2012) , Goethe-University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Since 2015 project manager and coordinator Red Sea Biodiversity Surveys. Since 2014 project coordinator Red Sea Biodiversity Surveys. 2012-2014: Scientific employee at the Crustacean section, collaboration in the project GBIF-D (Germany, BMBF).