About this book
This volume presents a state-of-the art research in biochemistry, molecular biology and medical application. A glossary of specialized terms is appended. Each chapter is contributed by an expert or group of experts dedicated to increase our understanding of Dunaliella. All the chapters were reviewed internally by their colleagues, editors and external reviewers; this was followed by a final revision.
The book provides a balanced multi-disciplinary communication and contributes to our understanding of this unique alga. It is addressed to graduate students and scientists as a summary of current thoughts on Dunaliella.
- History, Distribution, and Habitats of Algae of the Genus Dunaliella TEODORESCO (Chlorophyceae)
- Taxonomy and Phylogeny of the Genus Dunaliella
- Cultivation, Growth Media, Division Rates and Applications of Dunaliella Species
- Cultivation of Dunaliella for High Value Compounds
- Pigments of Green and Red Forms of Dunaliella, and Related Chlorophytes
- Carotenoid Biosynthesis in Dunaliella (Chlorophyta)
- Acquisition and Metabolism of Inorganic Nutrients by Dunaliella
- Bioactive Compounds: Glycerol Production, Carotenoid Production, Fatty Acids Production
- Photosynthesis - Energy Relationships in Dunaliella
- The Effects of Ultraviolet Radiation on Dunaliella: Growth, Development and Metabolism
- Chloroplast Acclimation, Photodamage and Repair Reactions of Photosystem-II in the Model Green Alga Dunaliella salina
- Photoacclimation and Photostasis in Dunaliella
- Selected Functional and Molecular Adaptations Contributing to the Exceptional Stress Tolerance of Dunaliella
- Salinity Tolerance and Iron Deprivation Resistance Mechanisms Revealed by Proteomic Analyzes in Dunaliella salina
- Carbon Dioxide Fixation by Dunaliella spp. and the Possible Use of this Genus in Carbon Dioxide Mitigation and Waste Reduction
- Paratransgenic Approaches to the Control of Infections of Shrimp: Prospects for Use of Dunaliella
- Development of Genetics and Molecular Tool Kits for Species of the Unicellular Green Alga Dunaliella (Chlorophyta)
- Application of the Colorless Carotenoids, Phytoene, and Phytofluene in Cosmetics, Wellness, Nutrition, and Therapeutics
- Biofuels from Microalgae: Review of Products, Processes and Potential, with Special Focus on Dunaliella sp.
- Application of Dunaliella in Atherosclerosis
- Utility of Dunaliella in Ecotoxicity Testing