+44 1803 865913
By: Richard J Bartlett(Author)
492 pages, b/w illustrations
Designed for astronomers of all levels, the almanac provides details of thousands of astronomical events from 2015 through to 2019. Written by a former freelance writer for Astronomy magazine, the guide includes almost daily data and information on the Moon and planets, as well as Pluto, Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta:
- The phases of the Moon
- Conjunctions between the Moon, planets and asteroids (including angular separations.)
- Lunar and Solar eclipses
- Annual summaries of when to observe the planets and asteroids
- Annual summaries of notable planetary conjunctions
- Peak dates for the major meteor showers (including corresponding lunar phases)
- Dates of perihelion, aphelion, perigee and apogee of the planets and asteroids
- Inferior and Superior conjunction dates for Mercury and Venus
- Eastern and Western elongation dates for Mercury and Venus
- Opposition and solar conjunction dates for the outer planets and asteroids
- Apparent diameter changes for the planets
- Magnitude changes for the planets and asteroids
- Constellation changes for the Sun, planets and asteroids
Whether you're an expert astronomer or a casual star gazer, the almanac is the essential guide for observers across the world.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I just received my book from you - it arrived quickly and in perfect condition because it was packed so well.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985