By: Donald K Kaufman and Cecilia M Franz
461 pages, colour illus
Written for use in introductory environmental science college courses, or in general ecology courses with an environmental emphasis, The Biosphere: Protecting Our Global Environment is a comprehensive textbook that includes:
* Twenty chapters in five major units, with each chapter organized around a series of questions and answers
* Every chapter has been completely updated to include the most recent statistics, data and events
* Scores of worldwide examples and photos illustrate the global nature of environmental issues
* Dozens of examples and statistics from the United States, Canada, and Mexico to give readers a better understanding of issues closer to home
* Discussion topics that include world views, religion, ethics, environmental education, cultural resources, and the relationship between human population growth and the status of women
* List of practical actions - called "What You can Do" enable individuals, classes and communities to become active participants in the most important endeavor of the 21st century: the effort to preserve our shared environment * "Delving Deeper", an online resource for the reader who wants to learn more
* Links to other environmental organizations and web sites
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I will not hesitate to use you again or recommend you to others.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985