+44 1803 865913
The newly revised field guide The Butterflies of Britain & Ireland...
By: Jeremy A Thomas(Author), Richard Lewington(Illustrator)
288 pages, Col illus, line illus, dist maps
The Butterflies of Britain & Ireland is an authoritative account of our butterflies, accessibly written and beautifully illustrated. First published in 1991, it sold out in the early 1990s and was never reprinted. This completely revised edition includes substantially revised species accounts, all including the latest information and research. Also contains nearly 100 new artworks painted by Richard Lewington.
Provides comprehensive coverage of all the resident and migratory butterflies found in Great Britain and Ireland, including the latest information on newly discovered species such as Real's Wood White and the Geranium Bronze.
- More than 900 exquisitely detailed colour artworks by Richard Lewington, Europe's leading butterfly artist, providing the most complete collection of images of British butterflies.
- The `beautifully rounded and balanced essays' on each species include fascinating details of life history and ecology, information on identification, distribution, conservation status and folklore.
- Includes a general introduction, further reading and index.
- Information for each species includes, life cycle and up-to-date map of distribution - based on latest data from Butterfly Conservation.
- A donation will be made to Butterfly Conservation for each copy sold.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I will not hesitate to use you again or recommend you to others.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985