By adopting the ecological process as their major theme, the contributors of The Face of the Earth show how the process of human interaction with the natural environment unfolded in the past, and offer perspective on the ecological crisis in our world at the beginning of the 21st Century.
- Introduction - Ecological Process in World History, J. Donald Hughes
- Biodiversity in World History, J. Donald Hughes
- Equity, Eco-Racism and the Environment Justice Movement, Martin V. Melosi
- Of Rats and Men - An Environmental History of the Island Pacific, John R. McNeil
- Land and Agriculture in Australia - Coping With Change in a Fragile Environment, Helen Wheatley
- Toward Eco-Revival? The Cultural Roots of Russian Environmental Concerns, Valery J. Cholakov
- The Greening of Gandhi - Gandhian Thought and the Environmental Movement in India, Diane M. Jones