This is the first full flora of the Vice County of Renfrewshire (Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverdyde and parts of southend north-west Glasgow). It marks the culmination of over 50 years of field recording by local botanists and over 18 years of fieldwork and in-depth search of historical records by the author.
The flora contains:
- Over 1500 species occounts that indude first record, status, distribution and ecology;
- More than 660 dot maps of native and frequently encountered alien speices;
- Introductory chapters on geology soils, landscape, climate, historical recording and tlie changing environment;
- Discussion chapters on distribution patterns, floristic distribution patterns, floristic conservation;
- 24 pages of colour plates of maps and photographs showing botanical hotspots and local notable species.
Keith Watson is Glasgow Museums' Botany Curator and has botanized in the Glasgow area for over 25 years. He has co-authored The Changing Flora of Glasgow and has been the Botanical Society of the British Isles Recorder for Renfrewshire (Vice County 76) since 1994.