+44 1803 865913
The Geology of Uganda covers all geological and geoscience data produced to date in Uganda. In a regional and historical approach to the Geology of Uganda it includes references to the work of early geologists. Applied geoscience topics such as mineral deposits, environmental and engineering geology are included generally within the regional framework and are internally referenced. Of particular interest are the new data on the Western (Albertine) Rift generated by the recent oil discoveries and the large number of papers produced on the nature of the crust and kinematics leading to the evolution of the unique Ruwenzori horst block.
The Geology of Uganda will also tap into the completed mapping coverage available from the inter-bank multinational geological programme operating in Uganda since 2005 and due for final reporting by mid-2012. A new 1:1 million scale digital geological map of Uganda specifically matches terminology used in The Geology of Uganda, and sets, together with the text, a standard for geological research.
- Introduction/Summary of the Geology of Uganda
- Archean Craton
- Ruwenzorian Cycle/Buganda-Toro
- Kibaran Cycle/Karagwe-Ankolean
- Pan-African cycle: Karasuk Supergroup
- Pan-African cycle: Basement remobilizations
- Pan-African cycle: Aswa Shear Zone
- Pan-African cycle: Sedimentary basins
- Karoo Supergroup
- Volcanoes and carbonatites of Eastern Uganda
- Stratigraphy and biochronology of the Albertine Rift
- Plio-Pleistocene Volcanic formations of the Albertine Rift
- Kinematics, Crustal Structure & Seismology of the Albertine Rift
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM NHBS. I will continue to choose them wherever possible for future purchases. Good service deserves to be rewarded.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985