Groundnuts (peanuts) are of great economic importance internationally. The Groundnut Crop provides thorough coverage of all aspects of the crop, each chapter being written by experts in particular areas. The Groundnut Crop will be invaluable to all those involved with the group, particularly agronomists, plant scientists and food scientists.
- The economic status of the groundnut crop, W.J. Florkowski
- The origin and history of the groundnut, R.O. Hammons
- Botany - morphology and anatomy, V. Ramanatha Rao and U.R. Murty
- Biosystematics and genetic resources, A.K. Singh and C.E. Simpson
- Reproductive biology and development, P. Coolbear
- Chemical composition and nutritional value, G. Savage
- Diseases and their control, K. Middleton et al
- Pest and pest control, J.A. Wightman
- Industrial utilization and processing, J.J. Kojo Asiedu
- Mycotoxins with special reference to aflatoxin, J.I. Keenan and G.P. Savage
- Groundnut breeding, C. Wayne, T. Isleib and S.N. Nigam
- Utilization of Arachis species as forage, B.G. Cook and I. Crosthwaite
- Groundnut in farming systems and the rural economy, J. Smartt
- Future prospects, J. Smartt
"[...] provides a solid reference on this most important crop and should be of great use to all those involved with its cultivation and production, including agronomists, plant scientists, food scientists and technologists"
– African Farming
"[...] reference source for all those involved with the crop, including agronomists, plant scientists, food scientists and technologists."