The Indian Rivers presents geomorphological studies of the major river basins – the Indus, Ganga and Brahmaputra and their tributaries. Besides major basins, the book explores peninsular rivers and other rivers state-by-state. All types of rivers, i.e. snow-fed, rain-fed and groundwater-fed rivers are explained together in geological framework.
Rivers are lifeline and understanding of the rivers, their dynamics, science and socio-economic aspect is very important. However, different sources provide different data base for rivers. But a book which explains all major rivers of a country at a single place was not yet available. The Indian Rivers is the first book of its kind in the world which provides expert opinion on all major rivers of a country like India. This book complements works in these areas for the last two to three decades on major rivers of India by eminent professors and scientists from different universities, IITs and Indian research institutions.
The information presented in the book would appeal to a wider readership from students, teachers to researchers and planners engaged in developmental work and also to common people of the society concerned with awareness about rivers.
- Rivers: An Introduction
- Landscape of the Indus River
- The Ganga River: A Summary of a Large River System of the Indian Sub-continent
- Ganga: The Arterial River of India
- The Brahmaputra River
- Alaknanda-Bhagirathi River System
- River Ramganga: A Less Discussed Tributary of Ganga River
- The Yamuna: A River of Peninsular Tributaries
- Yamuna River: A Review
- Gomati River: The Lifeline of Central Ganga Basin of Uttar Pradesh
- Gomati River: Struggle for Sustenance
- Ghaghara River System - Its Current Status and Value to Society
- Rapti River: Odyssey from Nepal to India
- Chhoti Gandak River
- The Son, a Vindhyan River
- Great Gandak River: Place of First Republic of the World
- Burhi Gandak River: Highly Sinous Tributary of Ganga
- The Dynamic Kosi River and Its Tributaries
- Analysis of Mahananda River Basin Using Geospatial Data
- Hooghly River
- Damodar River Basin: Storehouse of Indian Coal
- Subarnarekha River: The Gold Streak of India
- The Mahi - An Important West Flowing River of Central India
- Narmada: The Longest Westward Flowing River of the Peninsular India
- The Great River, Mahanadi
- Geomorphology and Socio-economic Characteristics of Godavari River, India
- The Godavari River and Its Drainage Basin
- Krishna River Basin
- Cauvery River
- Trans and Tethyan Himalayan Rivers: In reference to Ladakh and Lahaul Spiti, NW Himalaya, India
- Major River Systems of Jammu and Kashmir
- Rivers in Uttarakhand Himalaya: Flood Impact Analysis Along Pindar and Saryu Valley
- An Overview of the Major Drainage Systems in the North East Region, India
- Rivers of Mainland Gujarat: Physical, Environment and Socio-economic Perspectives
- Purna River in Maharashtra
- Saraswati River: Its Past and Present
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Dr. Dhruv Sen Singh is eminent Professor and renowned teacher at the Centre of Advanced Study in Geology, University of Lucknow, India. Dr. Singh has 21 years of experience in teaching and research, primarily in the areas Climate Change, Glaciology, Quaternary Geology, Rivers of India (Ganga Plains) and natural hazards. He has published over 50 research papers in international and national journals and presented several papers in International and National conferences. He has edited and authored four books and supervised 9 Ph.D. students.