Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Representing the definitive reference work for this broad and dynamic field, The International Encyclopedia of Geography arises from an unprecedented collaboration between Wiley and the American Association of Geographers (AAG) to review and define the concepts, research, and techniques in geography and interrelated fields. Available as a robust online resource and as a 15-volume full-color print set, the Encyclopedia assembles a truly global group of scholars for a comprehensive, authoritative overview of geography around the world.
- Contains more than 1,000 entries ranging from 1,000 to 10,000 words offering accessible introductions to basic concepts, sophisticated explanations of complex topics, and information on geographical societies around the world
- Assembles a truly global group of more than 900 scholars hailing from over 40 countries, for a comprehensive, authoritative overview of geography around the world
- Provides definitive coverage of the field, encompassing human geography, physical geography, geographic information science and systems, earth studies, and environmental science
- Brings together interdisciplinary perspectives on geographical topics and techniques of interest across the social sciences, humanities, science, and medicine
- Features full color throughout the print version and more than 1,000 illustrations and photographs
- Annual updates to online edition
About the Editors
Alphabetical list of entries
Thematic list of entries
Introduction: Developing the International Encyclopedia of Geography
Editor-in-Chief Douglas Richardson is the Executive Director of the American Association of Geographers. Noel Castree is Professor of Geography at the University of Manchester, UK. Michael F. Goodchild is Emeritus Professor of Geography at the University of California, Santa Barbara, USA. Audrey Kobayashi is Professor and Queen's Research Chair at Queen's University, Ontario, Canada. Weidong Liu is Professor of Economic Geography and Assistant Director at the Institute of Geographical Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Chair of the Economic Geography Commission of the Geographical Society of China. Richard A. Marston is University Distinguished Professor of Geography Emeritus at Kansas State University, USA.