Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
The middle ear plays a vital role in the sense and sensitivity of hearing. Of the various characteristics that distinguish mammals from other vertebrates, several pertain specifically to the middle-ear system, such as the presence of three middle-ear bones and the four-layer composite structure of the tympanic membrane.
The Middle Ear attempts to elucidate the role this system plays in sound transmission, as viewed from both scientific and clinical perspectives.
- The Middle Ear: Science and Applications Sunil Puria
- The Evolution and Development of Middle Ears in Land Vertebrates Geoffrey A. Manley and Ulrike J. Sienknecht
- Comparative Middle-Ear Structure and Function in Vertebrates John J. Rosowski
- Function and Acoustics of the Normal and Diseased Middle Ear Susan E. Voss, Hideko Heidi Nakajima, Alexander M. Huber, and Christopher Shera
- Quasi-Static Pressures in the Middle-Ear Cleft Joris J. J. Dirckx, Yael Marcusohn, and Michael L. Gaihede
- Bone Conduction and the Middle Ear Stefan Stenfelt
- Modeling of Middle-Ear Mechanics W. Robert J. Funnell, Nima Maftoon, and Willem F. Decraemer
- Diagnostic Measurements and Imaging Technologies for the Middle Ear Gerald R. Popelka and Lisa L. Hunter
- Surgical Reconstruction and Passive Prostheses Saumil N. Merchant and John J. Rosowski
- Middle-Ear Hearing Devices Sunil Puria