+44 1803 865913
By: Allan Shepherd
256 pages, Col photos
&i;The Organic Garden&o; will redefine what it means to be an organic gardener. Not simply a manual of organic practice, it will also be a starting point for ethical living, a book of ideas and debate for all levels of expertise and commitment, a directory of suppliers, websites and resources, a springboard for eco-activism - and a great read!
The meaning of 'organic' itself is changing fast, becoming more and more an umbrella term for all things environmental: from ethical consumerism, waste recycling and self-sufficiency to new trends in wildlife-friendly, sustainable and forest gardening. The Garden Organic will show how these popular new areas of green living are relevant to the ordinary gardener and will demonstrate simple, achievable ways in which they can use these ideas to transform the garden.
* The New Ethical Gardener
* Essentials of organic practice
* Gardening for wildlife and ornament
* Gardening for food and ornament
* Ethical choices at the garden centre
* Shed's Dead - how to create an ecological shed and explore alternatives for outdoor living
* Gardening beyond the garden - allotments, conservation volunteering, community gardening
* Climate change and today's gardener
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
The efficiency of supply, favourable pricing, and the friendly personal service we receive, makes dealing with NHBS a real pleasure
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985