&i;The Organic Garden&o; will redefine what it means to be an organic gardener. Not simply a manual of organic practice, it will also be a starting point for ethical living, a book of ideas and debate for all levels of expertise and commitment, a directory of suppliers, websites and resources, a springboard for eco-activism - and a great read!
The meaning of 'organic' itself is changing fast, becoming more and more an umbrella term for all things environmental: from ethical consumerism, waste recycling and self-sufficiency to new trends in wildlife-friendly, sustainable and forest gardening. The Garden Organic will show how these popular new areas of green living are relevant to the ordinary gardener and will demonstrate simple, achievable ways in which they can use these ideas to transform the garden.
* The New Ethical Gardener
* Essentials of organic practice
* Gardening for wildlife and ornament
* Gardening for food and ornament
* Ethical choices at the garden centre
* Shed's Dead - how to create an ecological shed and explore alternatives for outdoor living
* Gardening beyond the garden - allotments, conservation volunteering, community gardening
* Climate change and today's gardener