For too long the official left has ignored, even attacked ecology. We should be grateful to Derek Wall for his book, 'The Rise of the Green Left'. It is time to recognise that the rights of people rest on the rights of Mother Earth. And this book helps us move in that direction.
- Vandana Shiva, Director of the Foundation for Science, Technology, and Ecology, New Delhi; author, activist, and winner of the Alternative Nobel Prize
"There is no one more tuned in to the great range of struggles for ecosocialism across the world and more capable of presenting them in practical and down-to-earth terms than Derek Wall."
- Joel Kovel, author of "The Enemy of Nature
" (2nd Edition, 2007)
"With our planet in the grip of a severe environmental crisis we should never tire of seeking fresh alternatives. And, with so many our environmental problems being caused and sustained by an unrelenting demand for economic growth, Derek Wall's 'The Rise of the Green Left' sets out a new political agenda of huge significance. Highly recommended."
- Caroline Lucas, MP, Leader of the Green Party
"Easily the most important book on this subject -- 'The Rise of the Green Left' provides an essential guide for anyone interested in how politics and ecology can come together to solve the most pressing issues of our times. It's important that the ideas in this book get the maximum attention and coverage!"
- Salma Yaqoob, Leader of the Respect Party, UK
"Mandatory reading for social, labor, and environmental activists and every concerned person, perhaps no place more than in the politically circumscribed and insular United States. The growth of the global Green Left is hopeful news and coming just in time."
- Howie Hawkins, co-founder of the Green Party in the United States and editor of "Independent Politics: The Green Party Strategy Debate"
"A guide to activism and a manifesto that deserves to be read by everyone who wants a better world. Wall's insightful work clearly shows what ecosocialism is, how it has grown and how it can mount a real challenge to capitalist ecocide."
- Ian Angus, editor of ClimateAndCapitalism.com; author of "The Global Fight for Climate Justice"
"For some years now I have been following the prolific writing and political organizing of Derek Wall, a trailblazer of the Green Left in the UK. The Cochabamba People's Climate Summit held this April is evidence of the accelerated coming together of ecological and social activists. Derek Wall has done us all a great service by documenting this urgently important development in world politics."
- Derrick O'Keefe, Co-Chair Canadian Peace Alliance and Contributing Editor to SocialistVoice.ca