+44 1803 865913
By: Dona M Wong(Author)
160 pages, 16 plates with colour illustrations; 500 b/w illustrations
In today's data-driven world, professionals need to know how to express themselves in the language of graphics effectively and eloquently. Yet information graphics is rarely taught in schools or is the focus of on-the-job training. Now, for the first time, Dona M. Wong, a student of the information graphics pioneer Edward Tufte, makes this material available for all of us.
In The Wall Street Journal Guide to Information Graphics, you will learn:
- to choose the best chart that fits your data
- the most effective way to communicate with decision makers when you have five minutes of their time
- how to chart currency fluctuations that affect global business
- how to use color effectively
- how to make a graphic "colorful" even if only black and white are available.
The Wall Street Journal Guide to Information Graphics is organized in a series of mini-workshops backed up with illustrated examples, so not only will you learn what works and what doesn't but also you can see the dos and don'ts for yourself. This is an invaluable reference work for students and professional in all fields.
"An essential reference for anyone who needs to effectively convey quantitative information using graphs. Everyone will learn something from reading this book."
– Joseph Tracy, executive vice president and director of research, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
"Dona Wong's outstanding new book artfully blends lessons on data analysis and graphic design. She shows us how to make our complex, confusing graphs and presentations both simple and powerful."
– Peter Tufano, Coleman Professor of Financial Management, Harvard Business School
"We live in an increasingly data-driven world, and Dona Wong does a masterful job of explaining how to make data come alive and tell the truth in an engaging way."
– Mark Zandi, chief economist, Moody's Economy.com
"Dona Wong's professional advice advances the art of information graphics."
– Gene Zelazny, director of visual communications, McKinsey & Company
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
We find their customer service to be excellent
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985