The Chapters in the present book deal with fossil bryophytes, distribution of Hepaticae, Anthocerotae and mosses in India, medicinal uses and cytogenetics of bryophytes, bryophytes as biogeoindicators and auxin mutants of Funaria hygrometrica. This is a combination of classical as well as modern topics. Specialists have contributed to Topics in Bryology and the information therefore is both current and authentic.
Topics in Bryology does not cater to any specific syllabus in entirety but provides vital information on some important aspects which are left out in other texts. It is particularly suitable for both core and optional courses in bryology at the graduate level of Indian and foreign Universities, as well as for researchers.
1. Fossil bryophytes-with special reference to Gondwanaland forms/Divya Darshan Pant and Nupur Bhowmik (Nee Basu)
2. Distribution of Hepaticae and Anthocerotae in India/S.C. Srivastava
3. Distribution of mosses in India/B.D. Vashistha
4. Medicinal uses of bryophytes/Giribala Pant
5. Cytogenetics of bryophytes/Prem Lal Uniyal
6. Bryophytes as biogeoindicators: bryophytic associations of mineral-enriched substrates in Kumaon Himalaya/Giribala Pant and S.D. Tewari
7. Auxin mutants of Funaria Hygrometrica as tools to understand protonema differentiation/S.C. Bhatla and Sangeeta Kapoor