+44 1803 865913
From the world-famous Kruger National Park in South Africa, to Botswana's Okavango Delta, Namibia's Etosha National Park, and Zimbabwe's Hwange National Park, ecotravellers want to experience African savannahs, forests, deserts, and other stunning habitats and catch glimpses of some of the world's most spectacular wildlife: hornbills and parrots, monkeys and big cats, frogs and toads, crocodiles and snakes. Travellers' Wildlife Guides: Southern Africa provides all the information you need to find, identify, and learn about Southern Africa's magnificent animal life.
- Identifying and location information on the most frequently seen animals.
- Up-to-date information on the ecology, behavior, and conservation of the animals.
- More than 500 full-color illustrations of Southern Africa's most common amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammal – the species you are most likely to see.
- Information about and photos of Southern Africa's major habitat types.
- Descriptions and photos of Southern Africa's most frequently visited parks and reserves.
Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated – you will want to have Travellers' Wildlife Guides: Southern Africa as constant companion on your journey.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Bill Branch, Curator of Herpetology at the Port Elizabeth Museum is one of the world's top experts on the amphibians and reptiles of Southern Africa. Chris and Tilde Stuart, founders of the African-Arabian Wildlife Research Centre have written nine books, including Field Guide to the Mammals of Southern Africa. Warwick Tarboton, writer and ornithologist, is currently President of BirdLife South Africa.
Your orders support book donation projects
I have always been MOST impressed by the efficiency, courtesy, integrity and professionalism of NHBS!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985