Treecreepers prefer to nest in trees in the small spaces that naturally occur behind loose bark. However, because these spaces are becoming less common, providing a purpose designed box is a great way to encourage them to nest in your garden or woodland.
Made from FSC certified birch plywood, this high quality box is wedge-shaped, providing ideal nesting conditions for Treecreepers. The small entrance hole is located on the side of the box and the lid is screwed down, meaning it can be removed for cleaning and inspection. The base of the box has a drainage slot which ensures that the inside remains dry, whatever the weather.
The box is treated with environmentally friendly preservative which helps to improve longevity and minimise water ingress.
Boxes should be hung at a height of 2-3 metres on trees with coarse bark: oak, alder, pine, poplar, pear or apple trees are ideal. Choose a location that is sheltered from the wind and rain and that is not easily accessed by predators such as cats.
* Material: FSC-certified exterior-grade European birch plywood
* Construction Panels stapled together with surface sunk staples
* Finish: Non-toxic water-based stain and preservative
* Dimensions: 36 x 13 x 10cm (height x width x depth)
* Weight 800g
* Fixing: 2 holes in back panel