+44 1803 865913
Seventy-seven of Alberta's native and naturalized trees and shrubs are described and illustrated in this comprehensive pictorial field guide. Featuring such common coniferous species as spruces, pines and junipers, it also reveals the wide range of Alberta's deciduous trees.
Trees and Shrubs of Alberta includes:
* 180 colour photos and line drawings showing each plant's bark, leaves, flowers, fruits and cones
* Descriptions of edible fruits and berries
* Medicinal, aboriginal, historical and current uses
* Clear, non-technical descriptions to aid identification
* Habitat keys and distribution maps
* Name origins and alternate names
* A comprehensive glossary.
Trees and Shrubs of Alberta is an invaluable resource for professional and amateur naturalists alike.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Kathleen Wilkinson has worked for most of the last 25 years as an environmental consultant across western Canada. She has a B.Sc.A. in Plant Science from the University of Manitoba and an M.Sc. in Plant Ecology from the University of Calgary.
Your orders support book donation projects
Thank You and Aloha
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985