This attractive, heavily illustrated field guide is the most comprehensive accounting of the woody plants of Arkansas ever published.
- Species accounts for nearly all the trees, shrubs, and woody vines of the state, including common and scientific names, descriptions, habitats, and distributions, as well as notes on current and potential species of conservation concern, introduced and invasive species, wildlife and human uses, history, and ecology
- More than 1,500 color photographs highlighting important characters for identification
- County-level distribution maps
- Detailed sections on ecoregions and habitats of Arkansas as they relate to the woody flora
- Visual key to aid in quickly identifying a plant to genus
- Dichotomous keys for the 32 largest genera including the oaks, hickories, and hawthorns
- Full glossary of technical terms featuring botanical drawings
- Complete index of scientific and common names
A field guide designed for outdoor use, Trees, Shrubs, and Woody Vines of Arkansas is an encyclopedic resource for identification and appreciation of the state's trees, shrubs, and woody vines. The book will appeal to educators, scientists, conservation professionals, and outdoor enthusiasts. The book's comprehensive listings of plant photographs, drawings, maps, and cross reference keys will support greater understanding and appreciation of the state's plants and the habitats that support them. The book will be a valuable companion for all who appreciate Arkansas flora in rural, urban, and wilderness areas. You will want to have a copy in your backpack as well as on your bookshelf.