+44 1803 865913
The tsunami from the 1960 Chilean earthquake affected the entire Pacific Ocean and motivated the international coordination of tsunami research and warning systems around the Pacific. However, the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami affected the entire world, and reminded that tsunamis are not a local or regional problem but a global issue.
Tsunamis in the World Ocean: Past, Present and Future contains 15 papers, mostly presented at the 24th International Tsunami Symposium held on 14-16 July 2009 in Novosibirsk, Russia. They reflect the current state of tsunami science, including studies of recent tsunamis, tsunami statistics and warning, and modeling tsunami runup and inundation.
- Introduction to "Tsunamis in the World Ocean: Past, Present, and Future. Volume II"
- Energy Decay of the 2004 Sumatra Tsunami in the World Ocean
- Sedimentary Deposits from the 17 July 2006 Western Java tsunami, Indonesia - Use of Grain Size Analyses to Assess Tsunami Flow Depth, Speed, and Traction Carpet Characteristics
- The July 15, 2009 Fiordland, New Zealand Tsunami: Real-time Assessment
- Evaluation of the 15 July 2009 Fiordland, New Zealand, Tsunami in the Source Region
- Field Survey of the 27 February 2010 Chile Tsunami
- Tsunami Measurements in Bays of Shikotan Island
- Parameters of Tsunami Source versus Earthquake Magnitude
- Relationship of Tsunami Intensity to Source Earthquake Magnitude as Retrieved from Historical Data
- Anatomy of Historical Tsunamis: Lessons Learned for Tsunami Warning
- Tsunami Recurrence versus Tsunami Height Distribution along the Coast
- Can the Waves Generated by Fast Ferries be a Physical Model of Tsunami?
- Sensitivity Study of Hydrodynamic Parameters During Numerical Simulation of Tsunami Inundation
- Nearshore Tsunami Inundation Model Validation: Toward Sediment Transport Applications
- A New Tool for Inundation Modeling: Community Modeling Interface for Tsunamis (ComMIT)
- A Second Generation of Tsunami Inundation Maps for the State of California
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
This really is first rate customer service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985