This booklet is the essential user guide to Varroa treatments. In this guide you will learn:
- How to spot signs that a honey bee colony is carrying a high mite burden.
- How to perform regular monitoring for Varroa mites.
- How to choose the correct treatment for the time of year and colony conditions.
- The precise methods for applying any treatment on the market, including specific methods for treating nucs.
- How to use husbandry techniques to manage mites without the need for chemicals, with step-by-step guides.
This resource will provide you with everything you need to know for the practical management of Varroa mites.
"Kirsty Stainton has produced a superb practical guide for beekeepers to understand and manage Varroa mites. The natural history and parasitism is described in an easy to understand manner and is followed up with an excellent guide on the various treatments available. All beekeepers should have this book as a reference for the future."
– John Hill – MVB MRCVS, President, British Bee Veterinary Association