This book contains illustrated keys to all of the native and naturalized vascular plant species known to grow wild in Alberta, Canada. The keys begin with large groups, based on form and taxonomy, and continue through families and genera, eventually guiding the user to the species name.
Vascular Flora of Alberta includes:
– Diagnostic features for vascular plants in 123 families, 657 genera and 2,008 species.
– Over 3000 illustrations focused on key characteristics.
– Labeled drawings illustrating the main features of most families.
– Currently accepted scientific names, along with alternate names used in recent local references.
– The current status of all rare native species & exotic weeds.
– An illustrated glossary defining technical terms.