Wild crop plants play a significant part in the elucidation and improvement of the genomes of their cultivated counterparts. The 10-volume Wild Crop Relatives: Genomic and Breeding Resources offers a comprehensive examination of wild crops as a gold mine for breeding. It details the status, origin, distribution, morphology, cytology, genetic diversity and available genetic and genomic resources of numerous wild crop relatives, as well as of their evolution and phylogenetic relationship. Further topics include their role as model plants, genetic erosion and conservation efforts, and their domestication for the purposes of bioenergy, phytomedicines, nutraceuticals and phytoremediation.
Wild Crop Relatives: Genomic and Breeding Resources comprises 10 volumes on cereals, millets and grasses, oilseeds, legume crops and forages, vegetables, temperate fruits, tropical and subtropical fruits, industrial crops, plantation and ornamental crops, and forest trees. It contains 126 chapters contributed by 380 authors from 39 countries.
"This series is dedicated to the Father of the Green Revolution, the late Dr Norman E. Borlaug. It provides a wealth of information about crop wild relatives in ten volumes ranging from cereals to forest trees. [...] While the series can be recommended to public- and private-sector agricultural research institutions globally, this specific book will also be greatly appreciated by graduate students and research scientists concerned with genetic resource conservation [...] and those dealing with control of related weeds."
- C. Tom Hash, Experimental Agriculture, Vol. 47 (4), 2011
- B S Ozdemir, and H. Budak: Agrostis
- Warren M. Williams, A. V. Stewart, and M. L. Williamson: Bromus
- S. Goel, H. D. Singh, and S. N. Raina: Cenchrus
- Yanqi Wu: Cynodon
- Alan V. Stewart and Nicholas W. Ellison: Dactylis
- Vishnu Bha, C. Mahalakshmi, Shashi, Sunil Saran , Soom Nath Raina: Dichanthium
- Susana S. Neves: Eleusine
- Mahmoud Zeid, Vivana Echenique, Marina Diaz, Silvina Pessino, and Mark E. Sorrells: Eragrostis
- Toshihiko Yamada: Festuca
- Hongwei Cai, Alan Stewart, Maiko Inoue, Nana Yuyama, and Mariko Hirata: Lolium
- Hem S. Bhandari, Masumi Ebina, Malay C. Saha, Joseph H. Bouton, Sairam V. Rudrabhatla, and Stephen L. Goldman: Panicum
- Warren M. Williams, M. L. Williamson, and D. Real: Paspalum
- Thierry Robert and Aboubakry Sarr: Pennisetum
- Alan V. Stewart, Andrzej J. Joachimiak, and Nicholas W. Ellison: Phleum
- Henri Darmency and Jack Dekker: Setaria
- Shin-ich Tsuruta, Makoto Kobayashi and, Masumi Ebina: Zoysia
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!