+44 1803 865913
By: Kevin H Deal(Author)
384 pages, colour photos, colour illustrations
Understand how professionals manage the natural world with Wildlife and Natural Resource Management, 4th edition. From running fisheries and national parks to studying the environment and resources conservation, career opportunities abound in this growing field. In addition to professional perspectives, this all-new fourth edition encourages you to explore your wild side with vibrant, full-color photos and illustrations of animals, habitats, and endangered species, including ways to identify each.
As our human population continues to grow, the pressure on natural resources will inevitably increase. In the past thirty years humans have come a long way in terms of managing fish and wildlife, conserving soil, and protecting the water supply, but it is up to future generations to continue that progress. Wildlife and Natural Resource Management shows you the path to that future – and builds a greater appreciation for the natural world and its limited resources.
Section I: INTRODUCTION
1. The Importance of Natural Resources
2. Conservation: Wise Use of Natural Resources
3. The History of Wildlife Management in America
4. The Administration of Wildlife Management
5. Habitat Requirements of Wildlife
6. The Human Impact on Wildlife Habitat
7. Wildlife and American Sport Hunting
8. Modern Wildlife Management
9. Modern Waterfowl Management
10. Endangered Species
11. Wildlife Parks and Zoos
Section II: WILDLIFE AND FISH IDENTIFICATION
12. Large Mammals
13. Small Mammals
14. Nonindigenous Species
15. Upland Game Birds
16. Ducks, Geese, Swans, and Cranes
17. Songbirds and Other Common Birds
18. Avian Predators
19. Common Shorebirds, Herons, and Egrets
22. Freshwater Habitats and Their Management
23. Freshwater Fishes
24. Careers in Wildlife and Fisheries Management
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Kevin H. Deal was a teacher in the Career and Technical Sciences program at Northwest High School in Justin, Texas for 28 years. During his tenure, he taught a variety of agriculture courses, including Introduction to World Agriculture, Applied World Agriculture, Wildlife and Natural Resource Management, Canine Sciences, and Animal Sciences. He is now retired.
Your orders support book donation projects
I would not hesitate for one second to use your company again and recommend you to others. Marks out of 10? Around 99!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985