+44 1803 865913
World Ethics: The New Agenda identifies different ways of thinking about ethics, and of thinking ethically about international and global relations. It also considers several theories of world ethics in the context of issues such as war and peace, world poverty, the environment and the United Nations.
- Rejects the idea of international scepticism and the 'morality of states'
- Demonstrates the distinction between a global ethic as a theory and as social reality
- Defends the claim that we are world citizens with global duties
The second edition has been substantially revised to take account of recent global developments. The discussion is grounded in an awareness of the post-9/11 world in which we live and offers a more detailed exploration of the idea of global citizenship and a global or cosmopolitan ethic. There are new sections on terrorism and security and on global justice, and additional material on issues such as climate change, internationalist ethics, the ethics of war, sustainability, development, globalisation, global civil society and global governance. Each chapter now has a summary box at the beginning and a set of questions for discussion at the end.
Preface to the Second Edition
Part I: Theories
1. World Ethics: An Ethical Taxonomy
2. International and Global Scepticism
3. Internationalism and Communitarianism
4. Cosmopolitan Theories
5. Cosmopolitanism and Community;
Part II: Applications
6. Peace and War
7. Aid, Trade and Development
8. The Environment
9. Which Way Forward? Globalisation, Global Governance and Global Ethics
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have always been MOST impressed by the efficiency, courtesy, integrity and professionalism of NHBS!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985