+44 1803 865913
Series: Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy Volume: 53
By: Keith W Waldron(Editor), Ralph EH Sims(Foreword By)
902 pages, b/w photos, b/w illustrations, tables
Biorefineries are an essential technology in converting biomass into biofuels or other useful materials. Advances in Biorefineries provides a comprehensive overview of biorefining processing techniques and technologies, and the biofuels and other materials produced. Part one focuses on methods of optimizing the biorefining process and assessing its environmental and economic impact. It also looks at current and developing technologies for producing value-added materials. Part two goes on to explore these materials with a focus on biofuels and other value-added products. It considers the properties, limitations, and practical applications of these products and how they can be used to meet the increasing demand for renewable and sustainable fuels as an alternative to fossil fuels.
Advances in Biorefineries is a vital reference for biorefinery/process engineers, industrial biochemists/chemists, biomass/waste scientists and researchers and academics in the field.
Part 1 Development and optimisation of biorefining processes
- Green chemistry and biorefineries: An overview
- Techno-economic assessment (TEA) of biorefineries
- Biorefinery plant design
- Separation technologies
- Catalytic processes
- Enzymatic processes
- Biomass pretreatment
Part 2 Types of biorefinery
- Bioethanol fuel-focussed biorefineries
- Cereal based biorefineries
- Grass/forage-based biorefineries
- Glycerol-based biorefineries
Part 3 Biofuels and other added value products from biorefineries
- Liquid biofuels in internal combustion engines
- Biomethane and bio-hydrogen production
- Bio-based nutraceuticals from biorefining
- Carbohydrate conversion and use
- Lignin conversion and use
- Lipid and wax conversion and use
- Protein conversion and use
- Bio-based animal feed
- Biomass for composites and building materials
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Keith Waldron is Research Leader and Director of the NRP Biorefinery Centre at the Institute of Food Research, UK.
Your orders support book donation projects
Well pleased! Excellent service as usual. Would also like to mention how prompt delivery is.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985