+44 1803 865913
By: Michael C Quist(Editor), Daniel A Isermann(Editor)
Estimating age structure of fish populations and growth of individuals is fundamental to evaluating fish population demographics and dynamics. This text provides a comprehensive overview of concepts and techniques associated with estimating age and growth of fishes. Although the material presented in Age and Growth of Fishes is applicable to systems around the world, the primary focus is on post-larval fish in North American freshwater systems.
Age and Growth of Fishes is organized into four sections. Chapters in the first section (Chapters 1–2) provide an overview of the history and importance of age and growth information, as well as an introduction to how calcified structures grow. The second section (Chapters 3–5) focuses on validation and verification of structures, choice of structures, and sampling considerations. The third section (Chapters 6–9) provides a discussion of the most common structures used to estimate the age of fish. The last section (Chapters 10–12) details methods for data summarization and analysis.
Age and Growth of Fishes is intended for practicing fisheries managers, researchers, and graduate and advanced undergraduate students.
1. History And Importance Of Age And Growth Information
2. Morphology, Composition, And Growth Of Structures Used For Age Estimation
3. Validation Of Annual And Daily Increments In Calcified Structures And Verification Of Age Estimates
4. Choice Of Structure For Estimating Fish Age And Growth
5. Sampling For Age And Growth Estimation
7. Cleithra, Dentaries, And Other Bones
8. Fin Rays And Spines
10. Age Structure
11. Growth Estimation: Summarization
12. Growth Estimation: Growth Models And Statistical Inference
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I ordered a book from NHBS, it reached India within 7 days by standard shipping! Wonderful packing.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985