+44 1803 865913
This text provides a concise introduction to the field of animal biology. Readers discover general principles of evolution, ecology, classification, systematics, and animal body plans. After these introductory chapters, readers delve into the biology of all groups of animals. The basic features of each group are discussed, along with evolutionary relationships among group members. Chapter highlights include newly discovered features of animals as they relate to ecology, conservation biology, and value to human society. Regular updates to the phylogenies within Animal Diversity keep it current.
1. Science of Zoology and Evolution of Animal Diversity
2. Animal Ecology
3. Animal Architecture
4. Taxonomy and Phylogeny of Animals
5. Unicellular Eukaryotes
6. Sponges: Phylum Porifera
7. Cnidarians and Ctenophores
8. Acoelomorpha, Platyzoa, and Mesozoa: Flatworms, Gastrotrichs, Gnathiferans, and Mesozoans
9. Polyzoa and Kryptrochozoa: Cycliophora, Entoprocta, Ectoprocta, Brachiopoda, Phoronida, and Nemertea
11. Annelids and Allied Taxa
12. Smaller Ecdysozoans
14. Chaetognaths, Echinoderms, and Hemichordates
15. Vertebrate Beginnings: The Chordates
17. The Early Tetrapods and Modern Amphibians
18. Amniote Origins and Nonavian Reptiles
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is one of my favorite vendors.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985