+44 1803 865913
Series: Progress in Biological Control Volume: 14
By: Guy Smagghe(Editor), Isabel Diaz(Editor)
226 pages, 21 colour & 2 b/w illustrations, tables
Arthropod-Plant Interactions consists of multiple chapters by leading experts on the different aspects in the unique relationship between arthropods and plants, the underlying mechanisms, realized successes and failures of interactions and application for IPM, and future lines of research and perspectives. Interesting is the availability of the current genomes of different insects, mites and nematodes and different important plants and agricultural crops to bring better insights in the cross talk mechanisms and interacting players. Arthropod-Plant Interactions will be the first one that integrates all this fascinating and newest (from the last 5 years) information from different leading research laboratories in the world and with perspectives from academia, government and industry.
1. Co-evolution of Genes for Specification in Arthropod-Plant Interactions: a Bioinformatic Analysis in Plant and Arthropod Genomes
2. The Impact of Induced Plant Volatiles on Plant-Arthropod Interactions
3. Physiological Adaptations of the Insect Gut to Herbivory
4. Successes and Failures in Plant-Insect Interactions: Is it Possible to Stay One Step Ahead of the Insects?
5. Multitrophic Interactions: The Entomovector Technology
6. Biotechnological Approaches to Combat Phytophagous Arthropods
7. Use of RNAi for Control of Insect Crop Pests
8. Regulatory Approvals of GM Plants (Insect Resistant) in European Agriculture: Perspectives from Industry
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Shopping at NHBS is always good. The range of books is wide, the service is excellent, the orders arrive swiftly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985