+44 1803 865913
By: F Javier Sánchez Vázquez(Editor), José A Muñoz-Cueto(Editor)
423 pages, 15 plates with 24 colour photos and colour illustrations; 50 b/w photos and b/w illustrations, tables
Biology of European Seabass presents up-to-date reviews on key topics of seabass biology, written by leading scientific experts with extensive knowledge of seabass as well as their respective field of expertise. Biology of European Seabass covers the biology and ecology of the different sea basses and the latest findings in molecular biology, physiology, and behavior of this species. Ranging from larval development to nutrition to pathology and immune system, the chapters cover a broad spectrum.
The final chapter of Biology of European Seabass deals with novel tools such as transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. The social and commercial impact (fisheries and aquaculture) of seabass is also assessed.
General Biology and Ecology
- Morphology, phylogeny and systematics, A. Arias
- Ecology and distribution, A. Ruzafa
- Population genetics of sea basses, B. Chatain
- The biological clock and dualism, A. del Pozo, J. Falcon, and F.J. Sanchez‐Vazquez
Physiology, Behavior and Pathology
- Sensing the environment: role of the pineal organ., P. Herrera, A. Servili, J. A. Muñoz‐Cueto, and J. Falcon
- Melatonin rhythms, LM Vera and H. Migaud
- Neuroendocrine regulation of reproduction, A. Servili, P. Herrera, J.A. Muñoz‐Cueto, and O. Kah
- Environmental and endocrine control of reproduction, S. Zanuy and M. Carrillo
- Sex determination and differentiation, F. Piferrer
- Larval development, E. Gisbert and N. Villamizar
- Foraging behaviour, M.L. Begout
- Food intake regulation, J.M. Cerda
- Nutrition and dietary selection, R. Fortes, F.J. Martínez, and F.J. Sanchez‐Vazquez
- Pathology, A. Sitja
- Immune system, A. Ayala and V. Mulero
- Stress responses and HPI axis, L. Tort
- Novel tools and methods in sea bass studies: transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics, J. Falcon
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985