The Biotracker is a compact and robust VHF receiver that has been designed by experts for the manual tracking of traditional radio-tags. It can also be used to locate GPS tags with VHF beacons.
The receiver covers a continuous 8MHz or 30MHz band with fine-tuning in 1kHz or 0.1kHz steps. Three options are available which cover frequencies of 146-153MHz (European tracking), 166-173MHz (UK tracking) and 144-173MHz (UK and European). The frequency can be set directly from the membrane keypad and the receiver offers 256 user-programmable channels. Program the unit to scan all channels or a selected sub-set and listen in via the internal speaker or using headphones (included). Signal strength is shown as both a bar chart and a numerical display. The back-lit LCD is easy to read, even in the dark, and the light will turn off after four minutes of non-use to help conserve battery life. Gain can be adjusted using either the keypad or gain knob and frequency, channel and gain can also be controlled via a PC using a serial cable (RS232 port).
The Biotracker is powered by an internal rechargeable battery pack which will last for up to 28 hours. There is also the option to power the receiver using 4 x AA batteries (including rechargeable) or using an external battery (DC, 10.5-15V, >500mA). The unit is water-resistant (IP65) and can be used in temperatures from -20˚C to +50˚C.
* User manual
* International mains power supply (for charging internal battery)
* 12V vehicle charger
* Holder for AA batteries
* Spare connector covers and battery compartment screws
* Weight: 800g
* Size: 180mm x 85mm x 55mm
* Battery life (rechargeable NiMH pack): 28 hours
* Battery life (4 x alkaline AA batteries): 26 hours
* Frequency band: 8 or 30MHz
* Frequency range: 146-153MHz, 166-173MHz or 144-173MHz
* Sensitivity: -150dBm (minimum discernible signal)
* Selectivity: 6dB: ± 2kHz, 60dB: ± 4kHz, 90dB: ± 12kHz
* Gain control range: 90dB
* Fine tuning: 1kHz or 0.1kHz steps
* External power supplies: 10.5 to 15V
* Operating temperature range: -20˚C to +50˚C
* Battery charging temperature range: +5˚C to +35˚C
* Temperature stability: <1kHz over -20˚C to +50˚C