Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
First identified in China, this apparently merciless virus which originated in chickens has the potential to mutate, possibly killing thousands, even millions, of people. But how accurate is this picture? Is it a panic created by the media or a genuine threat against which we should protect ourselves immediately - and how can we do this?
This book answers these questions and also investigates
- the history of pandemics - and how this one might be different
- the last great flu outbreak - the Spanish flu of 1919
- what a virus is and how it spreads
- how antiviral drugs and vaccines work
- how the statistics of death rates are worked out
- what the government's emergency plans are
... and much more. Whether you are worried about the implications of bird flu for you and your family, or you are simply interested in learn more than what you see and read in the media, this book is for you.