Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This booklet describes where to go birding on the island of Grand Turk in the Turks and Caicos, and where to view some of the other heritage features. The UK Overseas Territories Conservation Forum has been helping governmental and non-governmental conservation organisations in the Turks and Caicos for the last 17 years, and the book authors have been involved personally throughout this period.
Each of the booklets in the Birding in Paradise series contains:
- Note about supporting conservation of the natural and cultural heritage.
- Introduction about the purpose and nature of the booklet.
- Practical information about getting there, facilities, other sources of information etc.
- Heritage and wildlife tours around various parts of the island, in total covering most of the island. On most islands, this is a driving route (with some optional bits of walking) linked to the map.
- Maps of the island, showing recommended routes and main features.
- Sections on visiting some special features of each island.
- Fully illustrated section on the water-birds, land-birds, and sea-birds of each island are either integrated in the tour or included as separate sections.
- A little section on simple geology, which helps understand the landscape.
- A section on geography and history.