+44 1803 865913
By: Kurt A Reynertson(Editor), Khalid Mahmood(Editor)
350 pages, 100 black & white illustrations
The international trade in plants is growing steadily as the worldwide demand for natural and botanical raw materials increases. Customers value natural products and botanicals as "green" alternatives. In order to build assurance into the sourcing of natural ingredients, R&D organizations will need to create valid scientific matrices to authenticate the quality of those ingredients, provide traceability, and minimize risk. Botanicals: Methods and Technologies for Quality & Authenticity provides researchers in industry and academia with the tool necessary to assure the quality, authenticity, and traceability of botanical raw materials for dietary supplements, cosmetics, and natural products research.
- New Technologies in DNA fingerprinting
- Development of a DNA Barcode Toolkit and techniques to Identify the Constituents of Herbal Dietary Supplements
- Chemical Fingerprinting for Identification / Authentication of Botanical Materials
- Metabolomics: Utilizing advances in quantitative LC-MS, GC-MS and qNMR
- Quantitative analysis of botanicals with high-sensitivity NMR
- Development of isotopic methods to assess % biobased carbon for the USDA Biopreferred Program
- Botanical Isoscapes: Emerging Stable Isotope Tools for Geographic Sourcing and Authentication
- The continued value of voucher specimens
- Traditional and community-level methods for quality, authenticity and traceability of Tea (Camellia sinensis)
- Current Good Agricultural and Collection Practices
- Impact of the CBD Nagoya Protocols for Access and Benefit Sharing
- The pros and cons of 3rd party certifications
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Pretty cool. I have to say that I have enjoyed my interaction with your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985