This Insect Rearing Cage consists of fibreglass poles which connect together at the corners to form the frame of a cube. A mesh cage threads onto these poles to create a self-contained environment which can be used to breed and maintain insects. As the framework is positioned outside the enclosure there are no places for insects to hide inside the cage.
A 12cm diameter sleeve opening in the front panel allows access for the user in order to replace food and to add or remove insects. The left hand panel is made from clear vinyl to allow for observation and the top and remaining sides are made from either polyester mesh (680μm) or woven nylon mesh (160μm) for ventilation.
This cage is available with either polyester netting (680μm mesh) or fine nylon netting (160μm mesh). The fine nylon cage is particularly suitable for use with aphids, parasitic wasps and thrips.
* 1 x Mesh Cage
* 12 x Poles (15cm)
* 8 x Splints (3-way)
* Model: BD41515 Polyester netting / 4E1515 Nylon netting
* Type: Cube (white)
* Weight: 150g
* Internal dimensions: 15 x 15 x 15cm
* External dimensions: 17.5 x 17.5 x 17.5cm
* Front and left panels: Clear vinyl
* Back, right and top panels: Polyester netting (680μm mesh) or Nylon netting (160μm mesh)
* Floor: White vinyl