+44 1803 865913
This colour chart was originally designed for online auction users, so that they could give one another a precise indication of the colour of a traded object. But it could have much wider users, especially by taxonomists and other scientists wishing to convey precise colour information.
Boris Assyov, a Bulgarian mycologist, lists the most important properties of a "perfect" colour chart:
- widely available, in continuous supply and easy to obtain
- cheap and therefore easily replaceable, to overcome the problem of fading colours
- uniform, so that there is only one set of colours (not true of the Pantones, where an enormous variety exists);
- neither too simple nor to detailed: browsing through thousands of colour samples would be inconvenient
- easy to use even for people not versed in colour theory
- suitable for use both in the field and in the lab
Assyov considers that this chart comes nearer to fulfilling these requirement than any other on the market.
I want this colour chart reprinted again... This colour chart is very useful in the field.. it also very convenient and very useful for colour identification of mushrooms, toadstools and also plants. I'm mycologist and I really need it more.....
Your orders support book donation projects
We have always been very happy with NHBS service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985