+44 1803 865913
By: Terry Tamminen(Author), Arnold Schwarzenegger(Foreword By)
192 pages, illustrations, maps
The carbon market is a new one, so investing in it is not as easy as it could be. The market is extremely volatile and very illiquid, to say nothing of being at the mercy of the whims of politicians. Still, that doesn't mean it isn't worth buying the shares now. Despite the surplus in the market, the price of a carbon credit is holding up pretty well.
Cracking the Carbon Code is filled with eye-opening facts that provides investors and business managers with insights and practical data that ultimately persuaded these leaders to embrace a low-carbon economy, critical information that is needed by anyone who wants to understand how to make money from "green" technology and how to avoid investments that will soon suffer from hidden carbon liabilities. Readers will learn to de-code a crucial component of this new economic driver – carbon credits, the world's first common currency.
- Introduction: What is the Carbon Code?
- The Bodybuilder, the Brit, and the Oilman: A Brief History of the Carbon Code
- Cracking the Carbon Code Step One: Time Your Carbon Tipping Point
- Cracking the Carbon Code Step Two: Build a Fence
- Cracking the Carbon Code Step Three: Cut the Carbon
- Cracking The Carbon Code Step Four: Manage What Can't Be Cut
- Cracking The Carbon Code Step Five: Estimate Carbon Resilience
- Conclusion and Quick Start Guide
- Reference Guide
- Appendix A: Climate Change 101
- Appendix B: The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change & the Kyoto Protocol
- Appendix C: Global Cap-and-Trade Carbon Markets 101
- Appendix D: States Taking Action on Carbon
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Terry Tamminen Cullman Senior Fellow and Director of the Climate Policy Program at The New America Foundation, a non-profit, post-partisan, public policy institute, as well as Operating Advisor to Pegasus Capital Advisors. Before joining New America, Mr. Tamminen headed California's Environmental Protection Agency and was Cabinet Secretary and Chief Policy Advisor to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Your orders support book donation projects
They [the books] arrived in wonderful condition and it was a joy to see how well they were protected.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985